Question about subrepos example in tutorial

Matt Mackall mpm at selenic.com
Thu Dec 2 10:59:31 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 04:07 -0800, josser wrote:
> Hi! Sorry for my bad english.
>
> I'm trying to use subrepos folowing this tutorials:
> http://mercurial.aragost.com/kick-start/en/subrepositories/ and
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Subrepository
>
> Here my workflow: (It's better to see)
>
> hg at localhost:~/repos$ pwd
> /home/hg/repos
>
> This is a directory with my repos served by hgwebdir
>
> hg at localhost:~/repos$ hg init main
> hg at localhost:~/repos$ cd main
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$ hg init nested
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$ echo nested = nested > .hgsub
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$ hg st
> ? .hgsub
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$ hg add
> adding .hgsub
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$ hg ci -m 'Added hg sub'
> committing subrepository nested
> hg at localhost:~/repos/main$
>
> Ok! Seems that everything is ok.

Your nested repository is empty at this point.

> [josser at josser-mbp ~/Projects]$ hg clone http://my.hg.server/main
> destination directory: main
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 1 changesets with 2 changes to 2 files
> updating to branch default
> resolving manifests
> getting .hgsub
> getting .hgsubstate

...so it doesn't need to pull here (we already have the empty
changeset).

Can you browse http://my.hg.server/main/nested? Probably not:

[collections]
/home/hg/repos = /home/hg/repos

The collections style doesn't recurse into subdirectories. You might
instead try:

[paths]
/ = /home/hg/repos/**

See 'hg help hgweb'.