hg equivalent of git stash

Phillip Koebbe phillipkoebbe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:13:43 CST 2008

I was reading earlier today about "git stash" and was thinking it
would be very useful to me.  Is something like that available in hg?

By the way, I had my first experience today with merging changes from
another repository, and I must say that it was a very easy process.
I am working on this app on my notebook, but it is deployed for
"testing" on a server.  There is another person who is making content
changes on the server, so when it came time to release new changes to
testing today, I did

- pull from remote
- merge
- commit
- push to remote
- update (on remote)

and all of the changes, both mine and his, were where they should
be.  I know that's the point of dscm, but this was such an awesome
experience.  I don't have to cringe now when I'm told that a bunch of
file were updated on the server.

Thank you to all who work on hg (and similiar tools)!

Peace,
Phillip