[ANN] tortoise-hg

TK Soh teekaysoh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:43:17 CDT 2007

For the sake of learning, I decided to try porting Henry Ludemann's
Tortoise-bzr to work for Hg on Windows XP. It's still pretty rough,
and there's still a lot of work to do, but it's in a usable state with
the following basic support:

1. show overlay icons on folder and files to indicates clean, modified
and added files.

2. support history viewing with Hgk

3, support diffing with kdiff3, through extdiff

4. support commit with Qct (not tested, as I'm having some problem
getting Qct to work on my system)

I've attached a screen shot of the crew repo with tortoise-hg running
(hopefully it gets through to the mailing list)

The major problem, apart from being rather slow (comparing to
tortoise-svn), is the lack of 'native' graphical toolset to support
various Hg operation. One option I can see is to try porting bzr-gtk
to Hg, but I'm not sure how much work will be involved.

Currently I have no mean to serve my repo, nor can I provide any
website for download. So, for those that are interested, I can email
the repo or package to them directly. Hopefully Matt can have the repo
hosting service worked out soon, which will make things easier ;-)

Let me know.